If your environment has higher concentrations of the above chemicals or you would like a gas air purifier with longer filter life than the GC Series models, consider our IQAir GCX Series Air Purifiers.
Triple-Seal Filter Technology
IQAir GC Series air purifiers are equipped with four reusable filter cartridges that hold up to 17 pounds of gas phase filter media. These cylindrically shaped cartridges allow for optimum contact between your indoor air and the gas phase media—which in turn ensures a higher impurity removal rate. Along with the gas filter cartridges, the GC air cleaner features a HEPA-type particle pre-filter and four electrostatic post-filter sleeves.
Each IQAir GC Series Air Purifier features patented, triple-sealing filter technology that ensures that your system always removes of 99% of airborne particles and chemical traces sized 0.3 microns and larger. Often times, the efficiency stated for air cleaners is purely theoretical and may be inflated because of internal air leakage. This can drastically reduce the actual filtration efficiency of the system. The GC Series air cleaner puts a stop to air leakage in three ways:
First, a unique sealing process ensures that the air cleaner's filter media is 100% sealed in the filter frame.
Second, the patented 3D UltraSeal ensures perfect sealing between filter frame and the GC Series model's housing.
Third, individual seals on each housing module ensure airtight closing around the filters.
As a result, IQAir GC air purifiers have an actual system efficiency that is higher than the theoretical efficiency of comparable air cleaners.
Longer Filter Life
In addition to having a higher filtering efficiency than other air purifiers, GC Series filters are designed to last longer than those of conventional chemical air cleaners.
- While most air cleaners use pre-filters with particle efficiencies well below 20%, IQAir systems typically retain more than 90% of particle mass in their pre-filters. As a result, GC gas phase filters are better protected from premature particle overload.
- Independent Filter Stages
- Conventional air purifiers often combine several filter types in one filter cartridge. As a result, the whole filter cartridge has to be replaced even if only one filter type is used up. Each filter in an IQAir purifier is separate and can be changed independent of the other filters.
- To help cut manufacturing costs, many air cleaners use very little filter material. However, all IQAir GC air purifiers use commercial-size gas filters that are able to collect more pollutants and last much longer. The pre-filter lasts 12 months; the gas phase media cartridges (4) 2.5 years; and the 4 post-filter sleeves last 2.5 years (based on 8-hour daily usage on speed 3).
- To help you stay on top of filter life, the GC air purifier features an intelligent filter life monitor. Unlike ordinary cleaners that leave you guessing when to replace filters, the GC Series' intelligent filter life monitor measures filter life by actual use, speed settings, and air quality conditions. This monitoring system ensures the maximum filter yield and performance from your IQAir system.
Quality Fans, No-Draft Design
IQAir air purification systems use the highest-quality fan motors available. These centrifugal, backward curved fans have impressive 300 CFM (510 m3/h) ratings. Because each fan is individually balanced within the unit and uses steel ball bearings, it can outlast other purifier fans by years. Moreover, each internal fan contributes to the air cleaner's no-draft design. Most air cleaners return the air through a small outlet, which creates uncomfortable air drafts. The GC system does not produce drafts because it evenly propels air upward through a 320-degree vented diffuser.
Many high-end air cleaners are made from sheet metal—which dents, scratches, and chips easily. In addition, many department store air cleaners use inferior plastics that can unexpectedly shatter. The GC Series air purifier is built to last and to look great for a lifetime. This unit is manufactured using high-grade, injection-molded ABS plastic. A 3-millimeter (0.125 inches) housing thickness also makes the unit extremely impact-resistant.
Because of its ultra-quiet design, this chemical air purifier produces more clean air with less sound than comparable air cleaners. The unique design of the GC Series makes it unlike most air cleaners in that:
- The fan located in the center, in between noise-absorbing filters.
- Double-walled housing reduces sound transmission.
- Eight shock absorbers hold the fan secure so that vibration is not transmitted to the housing.
- This system is suitable for even the most noise-sensitive environments.
- The GC air purifier is virtually inaudible at the lowest fan speed setting.
In an industry where most air cleaners don't actually meet their manufacturers' claims, IQAir tests and certifies each system that comes off the assembly line. Each unit is tested against particle filtration efficiency, filter leakage, and air delivery standards. Every IQAir purifier is then issued its own two-page Certificate of Guaranteed Performance, detailing the test results for that machine.
IQAir GC Series air purifiers also feature:
- Electronic Control Panels – Each GC model features an electronic pushbutton control panel with LCD display.
- 6 Purification Speeds – Purify your indoor air at 6 different speeds according to your needs.
- Programmable Timers – Program automatic timed operation for one day or for certain days of the week. You can also configure the system to use certain fan speeds at certain times.
- Multiple Display Languages – Choose to display your settings in English, French, German, Italian, or Spanish.
- Control Panel Lock – Lock your control panel settings with this simple functionality.
- Remote Control – Choose your operation settings from a comfortable distance.
- Carrying Handle – Helps you easily lift the GC Series unit.
- 5-Year Limited (Residential Use); 1-Year Limited (Commercial Use)
- This air cleaner is safety tested and approved for 120 V outlets, the voltage requirements in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico only.
- This air cleaner will be damaged if plugged into a 220-240 V outlet.
- The use of a transformer or adapter will not prevent the risk of damage.
- This product has no warranty coverage when used outside North America.
- Manufacturer's Literature
- Includes product information, setup instructions, usage tips, and warranty information.
- • Technical Specifications
- Technical information for IQAir GC Series Air Purifiers.
- • Filter Installation Instructions
- Instructions for installing IQAir GC Series gas phase filters.
- • Material Safety Data Sheet
- Safety information regarding IQAir MultiGas filter media.
- • Filter Media Handling Instructions
- Safe handling instructions for GC Series gas phase media.
- 4 Gas Phase Filter Cartridges
- 4 Post-Filter Sleeves (inside IQAir unit)
- Remote Control (with battery)
- Product Reference Materials