What The Warranty Covers And For What Period The Coverage Extends
Miele, Inc. (hereinafter "Miele") warrants to the original purchaser of this product, living in the United States of America, who purchased their vacuum from a Miele authorized distributor or dealer:
- a.That this product, including all of its Miele authorized parts is free of defects in material and workmanship.
- b.That this product, if found to be defective within the stated warranty period, will be repaired free of charge to the consumer (both parts and labor) by an authorized Miele service agent.
- c.The warranty period for vacuum cleaners (excepting the S8990 and RX1 Scout), and all accessories, excluding vacuum cleaner motors, power head motors, and vacuum cleaner casings (body), is one (1) year from the date of purchase. For the S8990, the warranty period is five (5) years from the date of purchase.
- d.For vacuum cleaner casings (body), the warranty period will be as follows:
- The structural integrity of the vacuum cleaner casing (body), will be covered for seven (7) years from the date of purchase against defects in material and workmanship on the S2xxx, S4xxx, S5xxxx, S6xxx, S7xxx, S8xxx, S160 and S190 product series.
- The structural integrity of the vacuum cleaner casing (body) of the S8990 will be covered for ten (10) years from the date of purchase against defects in material and workmanship.
- e.For vacuum cleaner and power head motors, the warranty period will be as follows:
- Vacuum cleaner and power head motors will be covered for seven (7) years from the date of purchase on the S2xxx, S4xxx, S5xxx, S6xxx, S7xxx, S8xxx, S160 and S190 product series.
- Vacuum cleaner and power head motors for the S8990 will be covered for ten (10) years from the date of purchase.
- f.For the RX1 Scout, the warranty period is two (2) years from the date of purchase for the complete vacuum, except for the battery, which will be warranted for one (1) year from the date of purchase.
Vacuum cleaners other than the RX1 Scout used for commercial purposes, except for their motors, will be warranted for a period of six (6) months from the date of purchase. The motors of commercially used upright vacuums will be warranted for one (1) year and the motors of all other commercially used vacuum cleaners, except for the RX 1 Scout will be warranted for two (2) years. There is no warranty for the RX1 Scout used for commercial purposes.. Thereafter this Limited Warranty shall be null and void. This warranty only applies while the product remains within the United States, and shall be null and void in any other US territories, possessions, or foreign countries.
What is not covered by this Warranty
This warranty does not cover damage or defects caused by or resulting from repairs, service or alterations to the product or any of its parts or accessories which have been performed by service centers or repairmen not authorized by Miele, or damage or defects caused by negligence, accident, abuse, misuse, improper or abnormal usage or maintenance of the product, its parts or accessories. Ordinary wear and tear or cosmetic damage (scuffs, scratches, gauges, dents, etc.) shall not be considered a defect in materials or workmanship.
Exclusion of Other Warranties
Except for the limited warranty provided herein, Miele disclaims any and all other express warranties with respect to the product. Any warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose is limited in its duration to the term of the limited warranty provided herein. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
Limitation of Liability for Special, Incidental or Consequential Damages
Miele will assume no liability, or other obligation with respect to any personal injury or property damage resulting from the use of a vacuum cleaner, or its accessories, replacement parts, etc., which has not been purchased from, or serviced by an Authorized Miele Dealer. Any purchaser who obtains a vacuum cleaner, accessories, replacement parts, etc., from someone other than an Authorized Miele dealer proceeds at their own risk. Miele specifically disclaims any and all liability, whether directly or by way of indemnity, for special incidental, consequential or other damages, whether based on breach of contract, tort, strict or product liability, or any other legal theory. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
Special State Laws
This Limited Warranty gives you specific legal rights; you may have other rights, which vary, from state to state.
For service under this Limited Warranty, or for information you may need about the product, please contact Miele at the US address listed on the back of this booklet, or visit us at www.mieleusa.com.
Authorized Miele Dealers
To find an authorized Miele dealer in your area, please visit our website www.mieleusa.com.
Effective Date: June 1, 2014
©1998-2014 Miele, Inc.